My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Atlantis Sunk?


Want to know what happened to Atlantis? Maybe it just simply sunk beneath the waves like Plato said.

Scientists have found a large , continent sized, slab of ocean floor sinking into the magma beneath the earths mantle. It is this sinking of solid land that causes some of the volcanic activity we see on the surface. There may be more than one slab of solid land sinking into the center of the earth. This is just the first one that they have found.

The "solid" land that we live on floats on a core of molten magma. What keeps us afloat?
By nature, "solid" land is heavier than molten land. Thus, it would tend to sink. Now do you need a God that is bigger than yourself?

More here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silvertongue said...

Actually, if you check, I think you'll find that the solid crust is less dense than the colloidal mantle. It should float.

Also, what's the source of this data on this sinking oceanic plate? I'm a real skeptic of Wagner's Plate Tectonics and its related school of thought on vulcanism. Basically, I don't believe that a granite plate the size of continent has sufficient tensile strength to withstand being pushed, pulled, or dragger without shattering. I don't believe for a second that plates subduct below other plates--it's just physically ridiculous. I think Walt Brown's Hydroplate Model is much better and more consistent with physics. www.creationscience.com

4:52 PM, June 05, 2006  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

update me!

2:06 PM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home