My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Antiquities Fraud Trial Reveals Politics Of Truth


Oded Golan, Robert Deutsch, and Rafi Brown are accused of faking the burial box of Jesus brother James, a wine decanter used in Solomon's Temple and even a stone known as the Joash stone with a Hebrew inscription that recorded the renovation of Solomon's Temple by King Joash in ancient history.

Golan has been under house arrest for more than a year. Deutsch has had his reputation destroyed and lost his university teaching position. The trial goes slowly forward and in the end is one experts opinion against another's.

Truth waits for expert opinion based upon human assumptions. Human assumptions for or against the history of the bible. Geologists, epigraphers, and archeologists do not determine truth. God does. Others only confirm or disprove their assumptions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Jesus had a brother? I'm serious, I didn't know that...

11:16 AM, May 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home