My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Sense Of Purpose Comes From Faith In God

In a landmark study in the UK it has been found that teens who have a faith in God are much more likely to feel that their live has a sense of purpose. This has serious advantages. With that sense of purpose comes a sense of self-esteem that is not available to the non religious. As a matter of fact suicide becomes a relatively common thought. One in four without faith contemplate suicide.

Over 23,000 students in urban schools between the age of 13 - 15 were interviewed for the study. It also found that non-religious teens also were ruled by irrational beliefs and superstitions. A disadvantage for Christians was that they reported that they were bullied more often due to their convictions.

Read more here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Bruce. I made sure my teen daughters got a copy of it... :)

8:22 AM, February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home