My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

South Dakota's Zeal Might Mean Bad Things

South Dakota has quickly moved to pass legislation through their House of representatives that will virtually eliminate abortion in their state. Might this be a mistake? Is it too soon to eliminate "health of the mother" or "rape and incest" provisions ? If this law passes the Senate and gets enacted in S.D. I think it will immediately be challenged in the courts. I am not sure the political climate is right for the pro-life cause to advance this quickly. The courts will be almost sure to reject this law even though we have two new "pro-life" judges. It is too much, too soon. This will cause new judicial precedents to be set and delay the elimination of abortion IMHO.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous said...

It's never to soon to do the right thing.

8:03 PM, February 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home