My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, April 16, 2007

I'm A Soon To Be Criminal



The way it looks, most genuine Christians will be criminals real soon. They are pushing the "hate crimes" bill in the house real hard. (HR1592) This bill adds “sexual orientation” and “gender identity” “perceived or actual” for special federal protection. Gender identity is the code word for cross-dressers, drag queens, she-males, transsexuals, etc. who would be given special protection so that they have more rights than you do.

It will probably still be ok to preach against adultery and fornication but soon it looks like it will completely be forbidden to say it is wrong to be a cross dresser or homosexual. Not that this would really hurt anyone, because we have plenty of laws forbidding hurting people, but this would be if you hurt someones feelings I think. Bad bible. Hurting peoples feelings and such.

Sheesh !

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!
I am still laughing from suddenly seeing the one label: "Bull crap".
...........................
LOL still laughing.

2:13 AM, April 17, 2007  
Blogger Brooke said...

I guess the house will be pushing legislation against the Koran, which calls for Jews and homosexuals to be killed!

Riiiiight.

8:04 AM, April 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I'll be waiting for the prosecution of the Muslims....

It won't happen because the USA is "tolerant" of everyone.

Well, everyone except Christians......hmmm...that's funny....

XD

5:00 PM, April 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone who has injured no one (but supposedly themselves) by believing in a certain religion, claiming to have a particular sexual orientation, or dressing in a certain way is being legally violated on a continual basis, don’t they deserve more protection for the ‘extra’ crimes that are being perpetrated against them?

A personal goal has been to try to understand those who go against conventional values. Although it is often hard to open your mind, wouldn’t you rather accept (albeit not always agree with) those who will not change than to feel superior to them?

12:16 AM, May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to amend the second paragraph in my previous comment:

A personal goal has been to try to understand those who go against conventional values. Although it may be hard to open your heart and mind to those who go against your beliefs, isn't it more Christian or 'God-like' to accept those with whom you don't agree (those who appear to be 'lost') than to act superior to them?

A Quote from Father Edward Hopkins, LC that I found on theology web.com. The URL is:

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?t=28567::

"Dialogue with Christ: Lord, teach me to judge only my own misery and sin. Fill my heart and mind with the vision of your mercy and love. Open my eyes to your goodness hidden in my wounded and suffering brothers and sisters. Keep me from crucifying your hope and love for them with my thoughts or words. Make my heart more like unto yours.

Resolution: I will begin to seek and find goodness and the potential for growth in those toward whom I am most often critical."

9:57 PM, May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Previous comment is from 'Believer.'

10:02 PM, May 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home