My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Quote 4

I am posting this from Chuck Missler's K-house newsletter.

Nations and empires actually do have "life cycles." This has been studied by many historians throughout the years and they all have come to about the same conclusion: a lifetime of about two centuries. And they all seem to go through the same life cycle: "from bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to great courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to complacency; from complacency to apathy; from apathy to dependency; from dependence back again into bondage (Alexander Tyler, 1750)."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see America in the category of apathy. Especially college age kids - generation next. At the women of virtue table we'll write the most shocking things on our board, or put up pictures of abortions and people never lose the glazed eyes. But by the grace of God every nation has a chance to go back to being spiritually alive. God has brought revival again and again to nations that didn't deserve it.

5:22 PM, March 08, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the Right in the USA is from being in complacency, and the Left is toward being in dependency. Overlapping, I think most (overall) are in apathy.

"It's over." :)

...(Political victory is largely done in this country.)
It's all downhill from here. But don't get on this ride.
Sacred,secular; secular,sacred...??
Everything is musical.
Everything is spiritual.
Everything is sexual.
Everything is political.
Yet! in other regards, of course, there are distinctions to maintain.
...Being tired, I'm finally the clearest I've been on this fixation of mine... (in my mind at least)

Out of the impending, proto-ensuing bondage, the spiritual victory(ies) will come, yes.
Like Mom used to say: "It's going to get worse before it gets better."

4:46 AM, March 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perry Stone has some stuff out on 40 and 50 and 400 year cycles. Hmmmm.
I like Manna-fest and Perry Stone. Anyone else like his ministry?

I've heard elsewhere about the 400 year cycle. 1609A.D.(in the year of our *Lord*) was supposed to be one. That was Plymouth Rock. Hmmmm. What's gonna happen in 2009???

1:49 AM, April 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home