My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Coming Attack Against Paul


Today, as I have studied the life of Barnabas, I have come to a new realization.

Ern Baxter, before he died, met with a number of us pastors in the Twin Cities.
What was on his mind was that he wanted to warn us that in the last days, there would be an attack against the writings of Paul.
I think we are coming closer to that day.

Today I realize that the attack will be organized and pushed by Islam.
Today I found that Islam supports the gnostic book (not written by Barnabas) called "The Gospel of Barnabas"
Because in it Jesus does not die but rose alive into heaven. It also states that Jesus is not the son of God but a prophet.
Muslims use this text to debunk Jesus. The book also calls Paul "the deceived"
Barnabas might have written an earlier work called "The Epistle of Barnabas" The Epistle of Barnabas is a Greek writing containing twenty-one chapters, preserved in complete form in the 4th century Codex Sinaiticus where it appears at the end of the New Testament. It was not accepted in the cannon of the original scriptures but was added in the Codex Sinaiticus.
But there is no way that Barnabas could have authored the "gospel of Barnabas. This text was written in the 14th century.


Here I see
1. the seeds of why there are so many gnostic texts being presented by the media
2. where they are headed
3. the spirit behind the deception
4. the soon coming focus of the attack (Paul's writings and thus the tossing out of most of the New Testament)

Islam is behind this. Specifically the anti-christ spirit of Persia. As Persia (Iran) rises, this will develop with it.
This is not to scare you. Instead it is to inform you so you can "understand the times."
;-) And no, I have not lost my mind. I have just found some conviction of things I have thought about for years.
Islam will be the seedbed source of the great deceptions coming upon all mankind in the last days.
But, although the elect almost fall, they stand. By God's grace. Grace as opposed to law. Jesus grace, as spoken of by Paul.
Blessings, Bruce

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domestically, the case has been building and the leaven has been spreading against Paul, from the Left, for at least the past 2 decades... probably since the Sixties for as much as I know. I spoke to a guy in a Lutheran seminary who said that "*some* would say that the books containing Jesus' words have more weight than those of Paul" etc., etc. So some books of the Bible contain various probabilities of authority. I don't know if this is directly tied to "The Jesus Seminar". Regardless, Liberal Christianity has been hitting Paul hard for awhile. Lutherans have fear of Holy Spirit "weight" (power). The "Feminists" have fear of Creation distinctions, of course. And then there are the Homosexuals. I chatted with a guy online in a Christian "room" with the username Gays4Jesus. He can be looked up on the net. He promotes Jesus a lot.... if you pay attention closely: it's some sort of "Jesus". Digging deeply into his website I finally found he *totally* discounts *all* of Paul, supported or deriving from a warped exposition of Romans 1-2. He even breaks down and expounds on the Hebrew of Leviticus' "...man shall not lie with man...". I don't know Hebrew at all. But I know linguistics enough to see that his reasoning was not sound enough. Wild stuff. He was full of "life" and happiness. Yet he had quite an elusiveness.

There's so much conflation and confusion and options out there. How can anyone know what is worthy to be believed in this point-and-click impatient culture. Paul says "we persuade men". The persuasion aspect of evangelism is increasingly difficult.
...to the common American.
.....I don't know about the difficulty to the golden-nugget freakazoids and such. They require/respond more heart-knowledge anyways.

1:31 AM, April 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just heard on the radio how the current Pope seems to be quite a force for good against Islam, theologically. Islam loathes this Pope. Because the Pope is extremely smart and lucid, and confronts Islam. The Pope challenges Islam: if your god is reasonable, then he must be loving. Wow. That makes for powerful conviction (in that powerful context of communication). Obviously the argument couches itself in the implications of terrorism.

Now I think Vatican City is probably Babylon, and Roman Catholicism might be the "Woman" whore riding on the Beast. And Benedict 16 looks kind of creepy to me. But hey!:"God works in mysterious ways." Ha! What I mean is that anything with bad potential can still be used for good, by God.

1:42 AM, April 10, 2007  
Blogger Rich Tatum said...

Bruce,

Sorry for the off-topic comment on your blog post, but I don't have an email address for you, and I wanted to let you know that I've just promoted your blog as one of my top-twenty bloggers from my PneumaBlogs list of Pentecostal/charismatic bloggers.

You can see the good company you keep here:

Top 20 Bloggers (PneumaBloggers, that is)

If for any reason you would like to be removed from the list or have your description changed, or whatever, please let me know. And feel free to delete this comment entry, I just wanted to get word to you.

Regards,

Rich
BlogRodent

9:01 AM, April 10, 2007  
Blogger In Russet Shadows said...

PC + Islam + Emergent Church = death.

5:26 PM, April 24, 2007  
Blogger Gays For Jesus said...

Well your 30 years is just still a baby I am afraid and your linguistics ability does not include the grammar of Hebrew sentences. It is so easy for a homophobe to say he does not know Hebrew at all the with some sort of self certainty say what a verse means like by magic. Romans has tons of FACTs like Paul toured a fertility temple before writing Romans. For you information on Paul is of no use to you. Paul was especially against and rightfully the temple prostitutes that married Hebrew men were going to. This is a historical fact as is that temple having over 1000 temple prostitutes and in that temple was the statue to the known god. Lots of help to understand Paul’s words in Romans. Also the no brainers. Gays just are not described there. Verse 28-32 in fact are very opposite behavior of real life gays which you can check out pretty easily after all there are about 670 million gays in the world. It is not even a remote chance that the description of verse 28-32 fit gays. Romans 1:18-32 is very very descriptive and only a person that is blinded by hatred cannot see it cannot be talking about gays. Gays are boy meets boy, they date, they fall in love and they marry you know the story it is the same as str8s. Digging deeply oh yes deeply all nearly 200 pages and over 2 years of weekly TV programs and now a Last Days Pastors outreach to the Lost section. I guess if your pastor or you want to break down word for word and use all history’s accounts to show the Bible is talking about a really tough system in Rome’s LAW about seals on TOMBS you would be so tickled pick to get anything related to proving those soldiers would have guarded the tomb with there and impossible to fall asleep. You would bash anyone that would say you are making up your research on ROME’s law in their occupied territories. Yes other topic search to the ends of the Earth to support any verse you like. But if the verse is a popular condemn gays verse never take even a moment of time to study right. You see if you studied the verses use against gays you would see they do not talk about gays at all. Not sound why? Oh yes y you hate gays so anything possible about gays is not sound. Well anyway been neat finding our talk got you to put it in someone’s blog….. Hey love to have you voice your comments. Opps you already did, so hey dig deeply again into my sight you will be there , Just got to thank you it is good to have examples of homophobes to show the world. Tale care and God bless I love you homophobes you give me such opportunity to talk to so many people… gays4jesus@yahoo.com http://gays4jesus.com click hebrew grammer my my answer to quistian's statement about Lev man with man. see if his linguistics serves im well God Bless you all and also come join me Reach the Lost for Christ

9:24 PM, November 12, 2007  
Blogger Gays For Jesus said...

just one comment while I am here. I love Paul. He pretty much is my favorite. I love his books and I 100% believe it is the Word of God (I happen to think KJV is the only readily available real word of God iin English) I think al modern version are satan counterfeits look up Westcott and Hort to see why I think this. But mainly I want to address the title "The Coming Attach agasinst Paul" For me Paul really bring what we know as Christianity to us with out Paul's writing the Bible though good would not have the rich instructions and style of Paul and he example he is that God shows us. I for one 100% believe the Bible and That God chose Paul so that we could learn more about Jesus that the others combined. But also I love all the Books. It is hard to keep a dry eye while reading any New Testiment book. Jesus is so wonderful. But also the Old Testiment is a must to read, with out the OT the NT is rendered useless. Atack against Paul is not surfice issues it is satan the greatcounterfeiter getting ready to trick Christians any way he can and many are listening to him in is counterfeits of every thing God. God Bless you all.

9:39 PM, November 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home