My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

New Series Of Blogs "Eye Candy" Number One


I am going to start a new series of blogs. I collect in my computer pictures that I find on the internet. These are just some amazing shots that I enjoy looking at. I will post them in the large format.
The first one is a time exposure of the night sky as the stars rotate around the North star. Cool.
Notice the meteor streak going across the circular lines of the stars.

5 Comments:

Blogger Stuart B said...

You know anything about this "Jesus Camp" movie/documentary that is/has come out? Wanna go see it if you haven't?

Also...any possible chance I can convince you to TIVO the pregame show on Monday Night Football on ESPN this Monday? I've heard that there is a certain rock band performing that night...and I don't got cable!

2:27 PM, September 21, 2006  
Blogger Laura Emahiser said...

I always love this kind of picture-it keeps bringing up this analogy I have in my mind of keeping Christ as the "polestar"... everything revolves around Him.

3:40 PM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool picture Dad! Thanks for sharing! Keep them coming! :)

8:13 PM, September 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell what's supposed to be the meteor streak. Is it the lighter arc? My guess is that is lighter star(s). Is it the breaks in the arcs? My guess is that shows the starting position of the stars. I don't see any lines *across* the arcs. I see one plausible pattern. Is the streak supposed to be like seeing the Milky Way or is there a line. I'm bummed to not see this special thing.

sprucegoose. Very cool. Great idea.

Laura. Great comment.

10:11 PM, September 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After seeing number seven in the series **and clicking to enlarge the picture** (I'm slow sometimes), I can tell a scratch that must be meteoric.

8:24 AM, October 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home