My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Non-Absolute Veritas


Harvard University was one of the first founded in the USA. It's motto was (past tense)
Veritas Christio et Ecclesiae
But now it is the short version. It is simply
Veritas
One says "Truth for Christ and the Church" The other only says "Truth"

Hmmm? What happened ? Did Truth become subjective ? The crest also had one of the books turned down. It symbolized that mans knowledge is limited.

Now all the books are all turned up. I guess time changes Truth huh?

Maybe this should be their crest now ?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. I wonder if this information would get more than shoulder-shrugs from academia now. I wonder what kind of person would care. Any conviction? Or is the abolishment of religious stuff just part of the grander Evolution.

6:34 PM, April 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home