My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Plant Life Gets "Knocked Out"

Plants are living things. When an Egyptian cotton leafworm eats the leaves of a lima bean plant, the natural voltage at the membranes of the plant’s cells changes in a matter of seconds. This is essentially a knock out of the electrical charge of that plant.

The voltage at the membrane drops from about -130 to -90 millivolts within seconds. This depolarisation spreads out quickly across the attacked leaf as the leafworm begins its meal. The leaf is "knocked out."

Just thought you might like to know.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that's what I felt the other day.

5:40 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home