My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, September 12, 2005

What If We Lived 1000 Years ?

What if we lived close to 1000 years like some people before the flood? What would we have learned and experienced ? What would we know ?

I think we would finally "get it" in a lot of areas that we currently do not. I think we would finally learn not to put our trust in men.

Psalm 118:8 (It is) better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord, Cursed (be) the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
I think we would learn much, much, more about God's holiness and glory. He is "Holy, holy, holy" (not "love, love, love") To me the most important thing about God is His holiness. Yes He is love, but His greater aspect is His holiness. He will not compromise either aspect.

I think we would learn how far we fall from His awesome purpose for our lives. And thus we would learn how important and valued a Savior and Redeemer is.

We would know more about His creation. We would know the name for every tree, every flower, every animal. We would know the stars in their uniqueness. We would know man and his purpose better as we grew in grace and knowledge. We would know our place in the universe, space, and time.

We would learn to listen more and speak less. Maybe we would even stop blogging but that would probably take an extra 1000 years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I may have missed contributing, but it didn't stop me from reading great posts!

I don't know what might happen, if we lived 1000 years. Do you think it would change the liberal thinking in the world, or the media's attention on ratings, rather than truth? Would we become more passionate to win souls for the Kingdom? Would we love our neighbor more than ourselves? I have a thousand questions this morning, but I won't bother you with them. :)

Think I'll go blog on this one!

9:42 AM, September 15, 2005  
Blogger Barbara said...

Bruce,
Couldn't find an email for you, and no trackback, so I wanted you to see my entry - a take on your post.

http://tidbitsandtreasures.blogspot.com/2005/09/what-if-we-lived-1000-years.html

Thanks for a great post!

10:28 AM, September 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home