My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Illiterate College Students

The latest stats are in... Public college students were even more illiterate in 2002 in Minnestoa than in 1999. According to the Minneapolis (Red) Star and Tribune the rate jumped 3 more percentage points. Now 36 percent of the college students in Minnesota take at least one remedial ( think refresher on the basics) course. Of course the rise is attributed to growing enrollment and stricter screening of entering students. Ya sure ! You betcha.

The only school doing more screening is the U of MN. They have seen their need for remedial work declining.... Ya sure ! They just raise the tuition rates and jack up the standards and let all of dem public school educated folks who don't cut the mustard train to be assistant managers at McDonalds.

I don't get warm fuzzies anymore when I hear the words "educational institutions." Instead I think in terms of educational rip off of the common man. And corporate machines to produce service industry grunts by the 1000's. Keep 'em ignorant. We need more pizza delivery clerks to live in the overpriced rental housing.

Do I seem cynical today or is it just me? Read it here. Or here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eye don't no what yur talking abowt.

1:31 PM, September 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home