My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Chicago Does It Again. Crime Loses

Chicago has combined web cameras with sound technology that listens for and recognizes gun shots and pinpoints the source with triangulation. The loser? Crime. Some would protest about big brother but I for one am glad to know that something is being done about crime.

When the cameras hear gunshots they immediately point towards the source of the noise. Thus they are immediately on guard to catch the perp who is fleeing the area. This technology is being developed now for use on humvees so soldiers can discern where shots are coming from.

The losers? Criminals. Yes, this could be used against us if there was ever a revolution or something, but for peace time it is a great development. Chicago is proving to be the leader of the war against crime. So far, I am very grateful for what they are doing.

Read more here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home