My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

2 Year Anniversary


I just realized that on Dec. 2nd, it was my 2 year anniversary of the blog. Over 45,000 views of 528 posts later I am still at this. It has had its ups and downs. It took a while for me to begin to understand what a blog was to me. It is the modern version of sitting on the porch of the general store and sharing with the people in the community you live in.

Except the community is now those who you relate to around the world and the communications are mostly one way unless one of the readers posts a comment. I have not made it a habit of responding to comments, I guess, because I only wanted to share what was on my mind and then just listen. I am not pushing an agenda here. Just making observations from my frame of reference.

Other blogs have different goals. Some are out to change the world. Some are out to police the world. Others are out to add more power to their lives. We all have to decide what it is that we want out of our blogs. I just want to walk through life and point to the things I see.

BTW, at this point, 1,707 people have read my profile... Why?

This is a curious thing this blogging. I like it, I just wish I had more time for it.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, if I can get you to organize your labels properly, my obsessive compulsiveness would subside. (Oh, and get ahold of the typos... and get ahold of the typos... while maybe changing the labels...)
....Ah, the levity.

Similarly, with my blog, I just wanted to journal my thoughts, if not to just share them... and journal *"getting things off my chest"*. I wish I could change the world with an agenda, but it's only a dream for the quistian.

I knew you were a pointer. It makes relating to you wondrous ...and frustrating. ...But seriously: I brushed off the "frustrating" long ago.

1707: haven't you networked yourself somewhat in the blogosphere? A little networking, with your substance, multiplies pretty fast. People are curious.

5:18 AM, December 29, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As Mark from Australia would say:
Good on ya.

2:59 PM, December 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home