My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Friday, October 28, 2005

Sex Offender Map

The Ogre has posted a new sex offender map. I am including it here for my readers. Since Oprah has taken up this cause this is now available. I think it is long overdue and should be posted as public service by the city not some private concern. The MN Department of Corrections has a web page to locate offenders but it is not as user friendly. You can try to look at it here. But if you just use the map and then click on the names of the individuals near you, you can get specific info off of the DOC web site.

This map is for the entire US (or at least 38 states so far) and can be centered by zip code or address and you can see who is living near you. These are serious sex offenders. Level 3. Violent and dangerous. Do not take this lightly. Although the vast majority of offences are committed by acquaintances of the offended some can be total freaks like one near me.

The closest one to me is about 8 blocks away but he lives right next to a park land area and near (1 block) the local elementary school. But there are four listed in my zip code.

We should all take a look at our neighborhood closely.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go back and look...maybe this site offers a little banner of some sort we could all put up at our sites. That would be cool...
Thanks for visiting And Rightly So..

7:51 PM, October 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, the offender in my neighborhood lives around the corner from the high school. You'd think they'd have a restraining order to keep them away from kids.

4:01 PM, October 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home