My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

The End Of Terri Schiavo

First of all, and last of all, I would like to thank Terri for adding so much humanity to America. Through your suffering you have awoken much of the sleeping church. What could not be done by legislation, protest, and other non-violent means, you have accomplished through your 15 year long ordeal. The fruit of your suffering is beginning to be harvested and the effect will change the landscape of America for years to come. Your face will always be before us. I am deeply indebted to you. Your life was not in vain.

To Terri's parents and sister and brother, your aches are shared by millions. The welling up of tears in our eyes speaks of your love and faithfulness. The lump in our throat and the dull pain in our hearts is nothing compared to your hurt. We are sorry. We are sorry we could not or did not do more. We are sorry that God chose to not answer your prayers and we know that reminding you of the greater good has little solace in it. We too sat and watched a government that was paralyzed by inaction and double mindedness. You are our hero's. Your nobility in living within the law and not being a law unto yourself was a learned lesson. Your simple focus on what was important and not on the side issues of hate or rage taught us well.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I weep. But as I weep I am encouraged that the fallen ethics and morals underneath the facade of this country have finally been exposed.


Now we can choose to take action or go back to sleep. Please pray for us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Milton Stanley said...

Wonderful, wonderful post. I hope you're right about this ordeal changing the moral landsape of America (or the better). I've taken the liberty of quoting your entire post on my blog, with notes for readers to leave their comments here. Peace.

10:37 PM, March 31, 2005  
Blogger Milton Stanley said...

My last post should have said: "...changing the moral landscape of America (for the better)..."

10:45 PM, March 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home