My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Where's The Revolution?

I remember when I went to college in the 60's there was revolution in the air. From the "Weathermen" to the "Panthers" and even the "Yippies" it seemed like change was going to come and it was going to be violent. But it is not that way today. Today it is hard to get anybody interested in life beyond lunch.

This is an article from the University Chronicle at St. Cloud State University. It seems that the number one concern of the students there is PARKING ! If life is so good that there is nothing to complain about except parking then I don't think there will be a revolution anytime soon. No wonder the Democrats have lost the adoration of the masses. They need to focus on parking and regain their voter base. No wonder the country is responding to their ideas like a mother to a whiney, spoiled kid. Come on, admit it, life in America is good and getting better. The world is better off today than it was 30 years ago. There is just this persistent problem of terror and wars, but what the heck, they are not happening in my home town.

With this lull in immediate crisis in America, maybe we have time to look at some of the REAL issues that birth these crisis. Things like BAD IDEAS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's like people manufacture stuff just so they have something to complain about.
Last night my wife and I were watching some of the NAACP awards when one of the award winners said something like, "We really need the NAACP in a time like this when my rights, as a black and as a woman, are being stripped away!" My wife, who is also a black woman, was outraged by that comment as this is one of, if not the, best times and places for women's rights. Yet about a third of the audience gave her a standing ovation.

2:35 PM, March 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home