My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Fire Rainbows and Moon Beams


Here is a picture that came from Gail-Bowar Hyster. It is rare phenomenon called a "Fire Rainbow"
She says, " THIS IS A FIRE RAINBOW - THE RAREST OF ALL NATURALLY OCCURRING ATMOSPHERIC
PHENOMENA.

THE PICTURE WAS CAPTURED THIS WEEK ON THE IDAHO/WASHINGTON BORDER

THE EVENT LASTED ABOUT 1 HOUR.

CLOUDS HAVE TO BE CIRRUS, AT LEAST 20K FEET IN THE AIR, WITH JUST THE RIGHT
AMOUNT OF ICE CRYSTALS AND THE SUN HAS TO HIT THE CLOUDS AT PRECISELY 58
DEGREES.

Pretty cool. But Lynn and I were flying to Memphis at night in a full moon about 2 weeks ago and I saw something that I did not know even existed. I saw this same phenomenon in a humidity type cloud at night that was occurring as a result of the reflection of the light from the sun off of the full moon. A reflection fire rainbow so to speak.

What's my point? (Why do I always have to make a point? Can't I just babble on like the rest of the world?) My point is this. ...
Even the reflected glory of God as seen in the church (moon) contains in it the very promises of God. We truly are the body of Christ.

Or something like that. Anyhow, it blessed me to the center of my heart. A private sweet time with the Lord.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Wow that is a beautiful phenomenon! It is nice to see you posting out here again! Lord Bless YOU!

3:21 PM, April 08, 2008  
Blogger The Petersons said...

Very cool!

2:58 PM, April 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home