My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Minnesota's First Heart Transplant Patient Dies

27 years after the doctors at the University of Minnesota did their first heart transplant, their patient Suzanne Huff has passed away. South Africa had accomplished it's first transplant 1967. Suzanne's operation was 11 years later. Suzanne was 62 years old at her death.

What a miracle it is to give a 35 year old person that has a terminal heart disease another 27 years of life. I don't know, I was just blessed by the story. I was finishing up college when the first successful heart transplant was done in 1967. Heart surgery was still a risky and extreme option. Now it is almost routine and people leave the hospital the next day in some procedures.

God is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home