My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I Am a Grandfather

Today at 4:30 PM my oldest son and my daughter-in-law had our first grandchild. His name is Malachi. He was 5 lbs. 14 oz. and 20 1/2 Inches long. Cute as a button. Dimple chin and curly hair.

All of the diligence parents put into their own children, to raise them in the ways of God, is not just for the good of their own children but also to lay a foundation for their grandchildren. What a blessing to know that Malachi is born into a Godly home with Jesus at the center of that home. What a destiny he has ahead of him.

And what satisfaction I feel in my heart right now, to know that he is well taken care of. Sleep in heavenly peace little Malachi. Tomorrow we get to work learning all of life's lessons. Grandpa will be there to help in at least part of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa, Bruce. :) We have 5 of those wonderful grandchildren (ages 7-17), and they bring joy to your heart!

10:54 PM, November 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bruce, congratulations to you and Lynn and Missy and Micah!

I hope you and the family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

God Bless.

1:12 PM, November 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bruce. You make a fantastic Grandpa. Sook & I & our family send our love. Fang Wei

10:36 AM, November 25, 2005  
Blogger IlonaGarden said...

That is wonderful- congratulations :)

11:29 PM, December 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home