My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Slain Palestinian Child Organs Donated To Israeli Children

The parents of Ahmed Khatib, a 12-yr old Palestinian boy who was shot by Israeli soldiers last Thursday, donated his organs to three Israeli girls waiting for transplants. The girls underwent surgery hours after Ahmed died.

One received his lungs, one his heart, and one his liver. One innocent boy dies and three girls live due to the extraordinary love of Ahmed's family. They are to be honored. They are my heros.

Mr. Khatib said that he hoped the donation would send a message of peace to the Israelis and the Palestinians.

The girl who received the heart had been waiting five years, since she was 7, for a donor. Her father called it a "gesture of love."

You can read more here.

Stories like this give me hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home