My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Crime Statistics

Maybe I am just a little sheep in the barnyard of big politics but I think that all police departments should be required to report the crime statistics in a day by day manner. It should be public and on the internet. We should be able, as citizens, to track crime as it happens and therefore be able to watch more diligently when seasons of high crime happen. This should be implemented immediately and be simple to access and understand.

Here is a sample of crime statistics from Chicago. If Chicago can do it, why can't Minneapolis?

I feel that the obscuring of crime facts is politically motivated. Nobody wants to look bad or have to be responsive to the citizens. But, isn't that what government is for? Shouldn't they respond to citizens? Shouldn't there be accountability? And who knows, maybe some crimes could be solved this way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home