My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Old Guys Blog

I was poking around the Technorati site and found the founders blog. It has plenty of good info that is both useful and interesting. One of the stunning items that caught my attention is that only .4% of bloggers are 61 and older.

This figures, I guess, when you were born in the days of radio and a bread toaster was an exciting household appliance. Everybody used fountain pens because ballpoint pens were still at least a decade away. My brother bought a VERY expensive 9 transistor radio that worked off of an amazing 9 volt battery at about 17 years old.

Anyhow... Enough of this memory walk. What I want to say is maybe we need to start an "Old Guys" bloglist? We know stuff that you young wippersnappers never even heard of. Like having to drive backwards up a steep hill because fuel pumps just weren't in every car yet and gravity was the way you got gas from your gas tank to the engine. (Well, maybe this was a little before my time) ;-)

Who wants to join my "Old Guys" bloglist? Send resumes and SASE with certified copy of birth certificate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home