My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ten Most Harmful Books of the 19th and 20th Centuries

Human events online, the national conservative weekly, has commissioned a list of the 10 most dangerous books of the 19th and 20th Centuries, and Catcher In The Rye was not mentioned anywhere. The list is a who's who of destructive ideas. And we all know, ideas have consequences.
The List.
1. The Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx and Freidrich Engels (1948)
2. Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler (1925-26)
3. Quotations from Chairman Mao by Mao Zedong (1966)
4. The Kinsey Report by Alfred Kinsey (1948)
5. Democracy and Education by John Dewey (1916)
6. Das Kapital by Karl Marx (1867-94)
7. The Feminine Mystique by Betty Friedan (1963)
8. The Course of Positive Philosophy by Auguste Comte (1830-42)
9. Beyond Good and Evil by Freidich Nietzsche (1886)
10. The General Theory of Employment, Interest, and Money by John Maynard Keynes (1936)

I think that communist ideology is over represented but I understand that the whole of it brought about the murder of over 150,000,000 people in the 20th century. I also would put Playboy magazine on this list but fully think the Kinsey Report represents it and it should be number 4 with a bullet. I think Comte and Nietzsche were good choices. I had never heard of Keynes. Never took a business course in my life. But my favorite of the whole list was John Dewey. Whenever I hear his name I think of the devastation of our education program in the US and I just get angry. Stupid people, stupid ideas, death and destruction, just because some liberals were bored with the status quo. Yup, that about sums it up for me. ;-)
You can read the whole thing here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home