My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

When Worldviews Collide

George Barna wrote a book called Real Teens. In it he says that,
"Seven out of 10 teens say there is no absolute moral truth, and 8 out of 10 claim that all truth is relative to the individual and his or her circumstances."
Yet this same majority also agrees with the statement that
"the Bible provides practical, defined standards by which we should live our lives."
Both of these statements cannot be right. Logically they are mutually exclusive.

We are on a collision course in morals. "Will the center hold?" Think about it... Does 2+2=4 because of absolute laws? Or does it equal 4 because I "feel" like it equals 4? As philosopher J.P. Moreland has said, "Truth does not change. Something either is or is not true." This is the definition of absolute truth.

When I was a hippie I read a series of books written by Don Juan called "Separate Realities". It was about your self being the creator of reality. (On drugs.) I almost bought into it. I had had similar experiences as were being described and was interested in understanding them. A "self" centered universe was very attractive to me. But time has shown me that this is error. God Himself dictates reality.

Take somebody's car and see if they believe in a relative morality! Ethics are much less in evolution then society seems to claim. "Relative ethics and morals" can be renamed "selfish, self-centered ethics and morals." There will never be peace on the earth if we all follow this logical progression.

"Thy will be done," seems to me to be the only place where we can all come into agreement. As long as we continue in , "My will be done," we will never have peace and harmony on earth.

My (or "our") will be done follows from a politic of power and oppression by mankind. Thy will be done serves a higher power than man.

"Choose ye today who ye will serve... But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home