My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Terri Schiavo's Plight

I have a few things to say about Terri Schiavo's life. First let me say that while we have a short window of opportunity the legislature in Fla. needs to act. All business should be put aside and legislation to protect her should begin immediately. Those who do not work on this or cause delays should not be reelected.

My Mother just passed away after 6 months of "vegetative state" I would have given much for her to have had the "quality of life" that Terri has. Still, I would never have considered removing her feeding tube for any reason.

Terri speaks words ! She says "Mommy, momma, help me, pain, hi!, stop, ugh-hugh (yes), ugh-ugh (no), yea, and no." Look here
And this is without any speech rehabilitation, (or rehabilitation of any kind for that matter.)

It is not a debate about the husbands right to terminate. Nobody has the right to terminate. A good and godly nation does not kill its walking wounded. A good people protect the vulnerable. An evil people think in terms of convenience. If a family does not have the resources to protect, the state should protect.

The moral core of America hinges on the outcome of this fight. If Terri is terminated then you can be sure that the moral heart of America is only moments away from death itself. America is on moral life support. And the whole world watches to see if there is any sign of life. Never the less, the just shall live by faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home