My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Wedding

It has been five days since I last published on this blog. I have been very busy. My oldest son was married on Sunday and I was tied up in the details. What a glorious wedding it was. The kiss at the altar was the first kiss. (A decision that my son and daughter-in-law decided upon at engagement. It was a "gift" to honor God. Out of their desire to have a holy wedding.) God showed up! The guests were affected and God's grace was there from the first notes of the pre-wedding worship time. I was undone and would have preferred to have just stayed in His presence and finished the wedding later but the music eventually ended and the ceremony continued. If the weddings of my two daughters in April and August are anything like this one I will be a blessed, blessed, father. Oh, how gracious is our God who saves us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amber Lynn said...

Bruce, You left a message on my blog. I am reading yours and I like what I see. thanks again for the encouraging note. I just wanted to say that one soul I am very concerned about is my Uncle Scott. He lives in Minneapolis. If you have time to squeeze in a prayer, could you? I know distance doesn't matter in prayer but maybe God will work supernaturally to bring the two of you together.

12:47 AM, January 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce,
Great report about Micah's wedding. Would have loved to have been there, but am preparing another Bride here in Jerusalem. Cool blog site. Talk with you soon.
Miss your face. MJK

2:04 AM, January 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bruce, I've been reading your blogs. Praise God for the beautiful & God-filled wedding for Micah. I wish our family could be there. You are a great father & an example for us to emulate. We love & miss you. Fang Wei & Sook Yi in Singapore.

10:23 AM, January 30, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home