My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Election Blog 3 Judges, Judges, Judges


One of the hardest things to do is to vote for Judges, School Board, Sheriff, Soil and Water Supervisors, etc. There is almost no information on these races. I am posting here what I have from one Christian believer on the Judges race. These are the races that are contested. The uncontested races will also be on your ballot but there is nobody running against them.

Dan's List A Christian Perspective for the MN Judges 2006 Election (his choices in red)







General Election
Court of Appeals
Seat 11
Christopher Dietzen (i)
Daniel L. Griffith
1st District
Seat 26
Scott J. Newman
Michael R. Savre (i)
2nd District
Seat 28
Jay Benanav
Elena L. Ostby (i)
4th District
Seat 44
Patricia Karasov (i)
Dee Rowe
Seat 48
Kevin J. Kolosky
John Q. McShane (i)
6th District
Seat 8
Shaun R. Floerke (i)
Timothy Little
Seat 10
Gordon P. Coldagelli
Mark M. Starr (i)
9th District
Seat 7
Terrance Holter (i)
John G. Melbye

If you go to the Secretary of States web site www.sos.state.mn.us and look at the sample ballot for your voting place you will see that some of the candidates will have blued names. This indicates that they have web sites that you can go to by clicking on the name. This might help you a little on the School Board, Sheriff, Supervisors decisions. Give them a try.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That judges can "campaign" as of recently is a Godsend. Nonetheless, this post is quite a service. Thank you.

In Minneapolis and Golden Valley, we could use a Clay and Water Supervisor... no need to explain, just vote, I need it.

3:15 PM, November 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought your readers might like to know that I've been a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Glencoe, MN for 25 years, served as Church Council President, taught Sunday School, and was the Sunday School Superintendent for many years. I have no idea why "Dan's List" would favor my opponent this election. I've never met the man, and, obviously, he's never met me.

-Judge Mike Savre
Glencoe, Minnesota

8:33 PM, November 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Judge Savre, I *do* appreciate your input. And I have an idea why Dan's List would favor your opponent. Scott Newman seems to be quite a Constitutionalist. Whereas you are probably liberal, and might be quite liberal, since your church most likely is.

I was raised at Calvary Lutheran Church in Golden Valley. I look back upon much of it fondly. But I learned that the E.L.C.A. does not commonly revere the Bible as God's infallible Word. The most glaring example, which topically pertains to supporting judges nowadays, is the issue of homosexuality. More than fifteen years ago, when I was about to leave the Lutheran Church, the E.L.C.A. was debating whether homosexuality was sin and whether to allow homosexual pastors. A couple of years ago, they revisited the quandry and still couldn't fall on the side of the Bible (which Christians do, obviously).

If you would denounce homosexuality as sin and promise to protect traditional marriage within your consitutional powers (largely by not being "activist"), then I will campaign for you in these last hours and the next time your seat is up.

Christians will go with the Conservative over the Liberal Christian, usually, once it's known.

3:18 PM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well... incumbents remained.

4:03 AM, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home