My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Biblical Law vs. Current US Law

A friend of mine from a now defunct chat group sent me this item she had written.
I pass it on as food for thought.

"One of the differences between biblical law and current American law has to do with restitution to crime victims. Under biblical law victims of crime were to be compensated by the criminal for their loss. Under current American law, the victim is not only not compensated, but instead must pay to help provide room and board for the criminal during his time of incarceration. The victim must also help make available for the criminal education opportunities, job training, medical care, entertainment, and legal counsel. If the victim, however, requires those things, he must provide them for himself."

Justice is perverted in America. Things sometimes seem so twisted that they are almost impossible to understand. Again I repeat that God establishes justice. We would do well to imitate Him.

Her name is Barbara Stricker. She has list that she posts to. Here is an address that you can use to read more of her stuff. I have enjoyed her comments now for years. For a free subscription to DiamondChips, email stricker@netscorp.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home