My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Bowl Live Blogging

I don't know about you but I think that this was the best opening for a Super Bowl yet. The Florida School for the Blind singing America with Alicia Keys and Ray Charles (via video archives) was stunning. To see these blind folks signing, remembering Ray and singing America. It don't get much better than that.

The different chiors of the different branches of the armed forces along with special trumpets and special guests made up of heros and ex-presidents all singing the Star Spangled Banner was also great. The flyby of the jets was hot.

The ad by Mustang convertables was really funny to a Minnesota resident. Although our temps have been record setting above normal, we can really relate.

The Diet Pepsi truck commercial was mildly funny. I remember when only drug dealers had SUV's (after the Cadillac phase). They were just about the only people driving them. Next thing you knew it was the only type of car that the general population wanted even though they only drove on pavement. You can understand it a little bit up in snow country but it really is a stupid fad that must soon come to an end. Paying $10000 extra for a vehicle to drive around town and it being a gas guzzler at that, is pretty silly. The old drug dealers had 4X4's so that they could get to their stashes and fields in the countryside during the country rock days.

Does anybody think that Virgin industries is relavant or even cool. Let alone, "dope" ,"pfat" , or anywhere near "the bomb."

"Go Daddy.com" will never get my business. Funny but rude. No corporate morality. Just a desire for money. It was probably a good move though and will get them lots of business.

"Eagles fly" mime by Owens was funny.

OK. It's time for Sunday dinner with the 10 current members of our evergrowing family. Through the wonders of Tyvo we can pause the game and come back later. Of course it won't truly be live blogging after this pause but it will be live from my perspective. And that's what matters the most to me right now. Be back soon.

OK, I'm back but I am probably just talking to myself. What's new?
Honda trucks ? Cool.
Instant highlight films with special effects? Pretty cool. Dope, even.

Pinkston's catch was spectacular. McNabb's game seems to be settling down.

Anybody wonder what the point of the Budwiser commercial was? A donkey has been tolerated? (diverstity?) Then everybody wants a chance also? And a pig at the end?

Hammer is back! And this time for Lay's chips. You gotta dig the baggy pants.

I love Pepsi's iTunes deal. I had an iPod when they first come out. Only 10 gig but it is the only way (next to your computer) to carry more music without a truck. CD's were fun but so 5 minutes ago. Now you can travel coast to coast and never listen to the same song. My iPod and my car are a couple for life. But sub-zero temperature is a risk.

In life... like in football.... it is who comes up with the ball. Not who had it when it came unglued. ;-)

What goes around comes around. Givens says, "I am fly, but I ain't no eagle." Brady is smooth. It is hard to read his eyes.

Half time

Paul McCartney show was OK. Hard to rock with a 60 year old rocker but Paul was fun. Hey Jude was good but Live and Let Die would have been nothing without pyrotechnics.

Back to football. Why don't the pros play with this intensity all season long? It's not like they are not being paid enough.

I'm not buying Tabasco sauce anymore either.

I think the Bush commercial saying thanks is the best so far. Powerful. Spontaneous honor and gratitude to returning troops. Nice. It stopped the room here. With a full house and many converstations the room went silent as the commercial developed. It was top notch. Now if only we could get rid of the selling with sex and begin to sell with character. That would be revival.

The monkey commercials are funny. Sometimes it does seem like nobody is serious.

Well, after eating, I am getting sleepy. And the game has gone flat. Looks like the Eagles are first looser for the season.
Winning is everything. The fans are mocking the eagle flying mime now. Things have turned ugly. Lots of injuries. If the Eagles don't stop them now the game is over. They stopped them but I still think it is over.

Game is over. I'll get to the serious stuff later. Nap time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home