My Photo
Name:
Location: MInneapolis, Minnesota, United States

I am now a simple Grandpa who's life is made richer as each grandchild is born. My wife and I have raised five children and the 30 year love labor of raising them has begun to yield sweet fruit..... And then there are fruits of 30 years in ministry ... I am a satisfied old man full of the joy of the Lord.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Wellstone Signs

What is with the people in Prospect Park and other cobalt blue areas of Minnesota ? Some of them still have Wellstone signs in their yards long after the tragic Senate race years ago. Bumper stickers still say Wellstone and some even say WWWD? or "What would Wellstone do?" Isn't there a law about the prompt removal of yard signs after political events? As the great blog site, Little Green Footballs, said yesterday there are still Kerry/ Edwards yard signs and bumper stickers everywhere. It's kinda like not taking your Woodstock bumper sticker off of your VW mini bus that has long since rusted away. Were these events really that memorable? Kerry/ Edwards ? WWWD? My goodness that idea really does not sit well with me. He was a real nice guy but not nearly someone who I would consult on the issues of life. I bet if I looked closely enough I would find peace symbols hanging from the rear view mirrors on some of their cars. Hey haven't you heard? John said "The dream is over."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home